1WikiYear on Odia Wikisource - Blogs by Sangram Keshari Senapati

Tuesday 4 December 2018

1WikiYear on Odia Wikisource

In 2014, I add one article in English Wiki, then translated them to Odia Wiki. In those days, I didn't have much idea how to write properly in Odia and I had a bad typing speed. So Subhashish bhai had advised me to write one book on Wikisource.

That book helped me to know more about my language and now I could type with my hands only. Again he added me to this group and I started the #100wikidays from 8 March 2017 on Wikipedia.

On 3rd December 2017, we celebrated the 3rd anniversary of Wikisource and I saw I wasn't active since May. So decided to write at least one page every day and started writing from 5th December 2017. At that time I used to type one old Odia book which was in the old script which is not supported by OCR. 

Then finished that book and continued it for proofreading one book with the new script which was written by OCR. Till now I'm doing this for Odia Wikipedia and Wikisource every day.

Today, on 4th December 2018, I had completed the #1wikiyear on Wikisource too. This Wiki year on Wikisource is not that much attractive, but it was like a commitment to edit at least one page every day. Now, this thing became the part of my life. Every day before my sleep I check and recalled whether I have written the article on both the projects.

2 comments: