I Bought a New Mobile - Blogs by Sangram Keshari Senapati

Thursday 21 June 2018

I Bought a New Mobile

The 1st mobile I got Nokia X2-01 on 26th March 2012 after my 12th Board exam. And just after 18 days, when I was sleeping in the hostel, that phone fell down in a bucket full of water. In the morning, when I woke up, I saw that and the display was damaged, but somehow the phone survived. But that phone shows lots of problems then.

After the 1st year of my engineering, I got another phone, which includes android software, Samsung Galaxy Y Plus Duas (GT S5202). With that phone, I did lots of works and completed my engineering. Then in 2016, I came to know about JIO and tried to get a JioFi, but after lots of struggle, I couldn't get that. So decided to buy a new 4G phone and selected a cheap one, i.e. LYF FLAME 7 (LS 4006). 

In 2015 October 26, I bought one small digital camera, i.e. Nikon Coolpix but, with the flow of time, I need one more mobile which should have one selfie camera with flash and some more good features. But, 2 years of my graduation had passed away and till now, I'm jobless. So, to buy one new mobile is not easy for me. In that meantime, from March 2018 to May 2018 Google started a small competition in association with Wikipedia and they gave me a Chromebook and the prize money I got in those 3 months is 9000/- and now it was time to buy a new phone.

On 15th July 2018, I was at home and I've visited the nearest MI store in Bhadrak. We were there to check the availability and just one piece with Rose Gold color was left there. So, my father advised me to bought that one. He just paid all amount, i.e. 15,500/-. If you buy this one from Online (flash sale), then the cost is 15,000/- and from the store, they charge 500/- extra. But we choose to buy directly.


The phone's color I like the most and the dual camera is awesome. The backside flash of the phone is different as compared to others. Othe phones have white light and it has slight brownish, which is necessary for food photography. The primary camera is of 12 MP and the other one is of 5 MP, but it's not in 4K. 


The front screen is 5.99 inch and it has the features to enable the full-screen mode like iPhone X, but the space in the button is unnecessary. And the fingerprint unlocking system is in the backside and it has the facilities like face unlocking, which is good and also fast. The phone resolution is 1080 pixels by 2160 pixels. 

This phone is of 1.8GHz octa-core processor and I bought it with 4GB RAM, which is OK according to my kind of use. The internal storage is 64 GB and I could place an external memory card up to 128 GB, but for that, I have to use only one sim card.

Now talking about the battery. Redmi Note 5 Pro has a 4,000mAh battery of 180 grams and the power backup is good. If you use everything, then the backup time is less and the standby time is good.  

The main reason for which I bought this phone is its front camera. The front camera is of 20 MP and there is a front flash. The front camera is good and the automatic adjusting system results in good and fair photos. But the light of the front flash is not that much, which I had expected. 


On 20th July 2018, I returned to Bangalore and bought this new cover here. I was planning to buy a different one, but that one is only available on Alli Express and the price was in my budget, but the delivery charge was more than 5000/-, so I bought this one. 


Now I could place the phone like this and there is a smallholder with the help of which I could hold the phone with the use and at the time of traveling. In Bangalore, people snatch phones from your hand, and it might help me to protect it from them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment